DePuy Trial News – Kransky vs DePuy ASR
On January 25, 2013, the first trial in the country began in a case seeking damages arising from the DePuy ASR hip recall. This is the first of more than 10,000 cases around the country to be tried by a jury. At Kershaw, Cutter & Ratinoff we are monitoring this trial very closely and on this page, we will provide video updates on a regular basis.
The first trial involves the case of Mr. Loren Kransky. Mr. Kransky is a resident of Montana and on December 5, 2007 underwent left total hip surgery. During the surgical procedure, a DePuy ASR hip was implanted into his body. After the ASR was recalled, blood tests revealed that Mr. Kransky had elevated dangerously high cobalt and chromium levels that were in the range of 40 to 50 parts per billion (almost 40 times greater than normal).
In February 2012, less than 5 years after later receiving the implant, he underwent revision surgery to remove the defective ASR hip and now seeks damages associated with this revision surgery.
If you or a loved one has been implanted with a DePuy hip implant, please check this page on a regular basis to stay informed on significant developments in the Kransky vs. DePuy hip case.
If you have any questions, please feel free to give us a call at 888-290-4472 or send an e-mail to Stalley@kcrlegal.com.
We look forward to serving you and your family.
DePuy ASR Trial Video Updates
- Product liability attorney, Stuart Talley, provides his expert legal commentary as lead prosecuting attorney, Mike Kelly, pokes holes in the testimony of defense witness and biomechanics expert, Avram Edidin. If you or a loved one…
- Product liability attorney, Stuart Talley, provides expert legal commentary about damning evidence presented against the defendant today, although he says the plaintiff did take a couple of hits. If you or a loved one has…
- Product liability attorney, Stuart Talley, provides legal commentary as Loren Kransky, plaintiff in the Kransky vs. DePuy hip case, takes the stand. If you or a loved one has a defective hip, promptly submit your…
- Good testimony from the plaintiff's perspective as jurors hear from DePuy marketing executive, Randy Kilburn. Product liability attorney, Stuart Talley, says in his video blog this is the best day so far for the plaintiffs.…
- Product liability attorney, Stuart Talley, says a very strong liability case is building against DePuy. He says the plaintiffs are presenting a lot of evidence points to the fact that the company knew the ASR…
- As part of his ongoing legal commentary blog, medical device attorney, Stuart Talley, outlines testimony given by California surgeon, Dr. Craig Swenson, in the first DePuy ASR hip trial in Los Angeles, CA. Swenson told…
- Legal video blog update by product liability attorney, Stuart Talley. Talley says Chris Hunt, DePuy Engineer, testifies about a secret ASR hip redesign project in 2007 and 2008 called "Project Alpha". If you or a…
- Legal video blog update by product liability attorney, Stuart Talley, after a Montana surgeon testifies he was warned against using the DePuy ASR hip replacement by a DePuy sales rep eight months prior to the…
- The first DePuy ASR trial continues in the California Superior Court in Los Angeles, CA. Medical Device Attorney, Stuart Talley of Kershaw Cutter & Ratinoff in Sacramento offers his expert legal commentary on opening arguments…
- Reloaded video blog of first legal commentary covering the first DePuy ASR trial that began unfolding January 2013 in a California Superior Courtroom in Los Angeles, CA. Product Liability Attorney, Stuart Talley of Kershaw, Cutter…
DePuy ASR Trial News Articles.
- J&J gambled on hip implant safety, lawyer alleges – latimes.com
- Trial plaintiff says J&J hips defective, company says not liable _ Reuters
- J&J Engineer Studied Hip Redesign for 3 Years, Jury Told – Bloomberg
- J&J Expert Grilled on Calculation of Hip Placement Device – Bloomberg
- J&J Failed Own Safety Test in Hip Design, Witness Says – Bloomberg
- J&J Failed to Forecast Flaws Leading to Recall, Jury Told – Bloomberg
- J&J Failed to Weigh Hip Metal Debris Risk, Witness Says – Bloomberg
- J&J Feared Metal Backlash Would Hurt Hip Sales, Jury Told – Bloomberg
- J&J Had ‘Inappropriate’ Risk Controls for Hip, Jury Told – Bloomberg
- J&J Hip Designer Says He Gave Complaints to Marketers – Bloomberg
- J&J Hip Recipient Says He Feared Surgery Would Kill Him – Bloomberg
- J&J Hips Surgeon Says Failure Rate Alters View on Device – Bloomberg
- J&J Jury Told Hip Has Many Design Defects Causing Failure – Bloomberg
- J&J President Visited Hip Surgeon Pre-Recall, Jury Told – Bloomberg
- J&J Recalled Hips Over Safety Concerns, Witness Testifies – Bloomberg
- J&J Said to Offer Implant Pact That May Reach $2 Billion – Bloomberg
- J&J Sales Rep Told Surgeon of Hip Problems, Jury Told – Bloomberg
- J&J Study Predicted 37% Hip-Failure Rate – Bloomberg
- J&J’s Ekdahl Says Hips Recalled Because of Clinical Needs – Bloomberg
- J&J’s Floyd Says Hip Sales Halted for Business, Not Safety – Bloomberg
- J&J’s Hip Device Not Defective, Designer Testifies – Bloomberg
- J&J’s Toxicologist Says Metal From Recalled Hip Harmless – Bloomberg
- J.&J. Study Suggested Hip Device Could Fail in Thousands More – NYTimes.com
- Jurors hear of J&J exec warnings over faulty hip implants _ NJ.com
- NY Times – Ekdahl Exhibit 71
- The Hip Replacement Case Shows Why Doctors Often Remain Silent – NYTimes.com
- What DePuy Orthopaedics Knew About Its All-Metal Hips – NYTimes.com
- When J&J Learned of Hip-Implant Problems – WSJ.com
- During Trial, New Details Emerge on DuPuy Hip – NYTimes.com
- J&J Addressed Marketer’s Concern Over Hips, Jury Told – Bloomberg
Time to get help!
Do you have an advocate looking out for your best interest? At Kershaw, Cutter & Ratinoff, we represent hundreds of hip replacement patients who, for decades, continue to rely on our knowledge and expertise in fighting and winning cases in the mass tort and medical device arenas. All it takes is 3 simple steps! Start by sharing your story with us through our free evaluation form on this page or we invite you to give us a call toll free at 888-290-4472 for a no-cost, confidential case review.
At Kershaw, Cutter & Ratinoff, we look forward to serving you and your family.