DePuy Trial News – Kransky vs DePuy ASR
On January 25, 2013, the first trial in the country began in a case seeking damages arising from the DePuy ASR hip recall. This is the first of more than 10,000 cases around the country to be tried by a jury. At Kershaw, Cutter & Ratinoff we are monitoring this trial very closely and on this page, we will provide video updates on a regular basis.
The first trial involves the case of Mr. Loren Kransky. Mr. Kransky is a resident of Montana and on December 5, 2007 underwent left total hip surgery. During the surgical procedure, a DePuy ASR hip was implanted into his body. After the ASR was recalled, blood tests revealed that Mr. Kransky had elevated dangerously high cobalt and chromium levels that were in the range of 40 to 50 parts per billion (almost 40 times greater than normal).
In February 2012, less than 5 years after later receiving the implant, he underwent revision surgery to remove the defective ASR hip and now seeks damages associated with this revision surgery.
If you or a loved one has been implanted with a DePuy hip implant, please check this page on a regular basis to stay informed on significant developments in the Kransky vs. DePuy hip case.
If you have any questions, please feel free to give us a call at 888-290-4472 or send an e-mail to Stalley@kcrlegal.com.
We look forward to serving you and your family.
DePuy ASR Trial Video Updates
Kransky vs. DePuy Trial Update – February 25, 2013
Kransky vs. DePuy Trial Update – February 21, 2013
Kransky vs. DePuy Trial Update – February 20, 2013
Kransky vs. DePuy Trial Update – February 19, 2013
Kransky vs. DePuy Trial Update – February 11, 2013
Kransky vs. DePuy Trial Update – February 8, 2013
Kransky vs. DePuy Trial Update – February 7, 2013 (continued)
Kransky vs. DePuy Trial Update – February 7, 2013
Kransky vs. DePuy Trial Update – Day 2-4
DePuy Trial Update: Day 1 – Opening Arguments
DePuy ASR Trial News Articles.
- J&J gambled on hip implant safety, lawyer alleges – latimes.com
- Trial plaintiff says J&J hips defective, company says not liable _ Reuters
- J&J Engineer Studied Hip Redesign for 3 Years, Jury Told – Bloomberg
- J&J Expert Grilled on Calculation of Hip Placement Device – Bloomberg
- J&J Failed Own Safety Test in Hip Design, Witness Says – Bloomberg
- J&J Failed to Forecast Flaws Leading to Recall, Jury Told – Bloomberg
- J&J Failed to Weigh Hip Metal Debris Risk, Witness Says – Bloomberg
- J&J Feared Metal Backlash Would Hurt Hip Sales, Jury Told – Bloomberg
- J&J Had ‘Inappropriate’ Risk Controls for Hip, Jury Told – Bloomberg
- J&J Hip Designer Says He Gave Complaints to Marketers – Bloomberg
- J&J Hip Recipient Says He Feared Surgery Would Kill Him – Bloomberg
- J&J Hips Surgeon Says Failure Rate Alters View on Device – Bloomberg
- J&J Jury Told Hip Has Many Design Defects Causing Failure – Bloomberg
- J&J President Visited Hip Surgeon Pre-Recall, Jury Told – Bloomberg
- J&J Recalled Hips Over Safety Concerns, Witness Testifies – Bloomberg
- J&J Said to Offer Implant Pact That May Reach $2 Billion – Bloomberg
- J&J Sales Rep Told Surgeon of Hip Problems, Jury Told – Bloomberg
- J&J Study Predicted 37% Hip-Failure Rate – Bloomberg
- J&J’s Ekdahl Says Hips Recalled Because of Clinical Needs – Bloomberg
- J&J’s Floyd Says Hip Sales Halted for Business, Not Safety – Bloomberg
- J&J’s Hip Device Not Defective, Designer Testifies – Bloomberg
- J&J’s Toxicologist Says Metal From Recalled Hip Harmless – Bloomberg
- J.&J. Study Suggested Hip Device Could Fail in Thousands More – NYTimes.com
- Jurors hear of J&J exec warnings over faulty hip implants _ NJ.com
- NY Times – Ekdahl Exhibit 71
- The Hip Replacement Case Shows Why Doctors Often Remain Silent – NYTimes.com
- What DePuy Orthopaedics Knew About Its All-Metal Hips – NYTimes.com
- When J&J Learned of Hip-Implant Problems – WSJ.com
- During Trial, New Details Emerge on DuPuy Hip – NYTimes.com
- J&J Addressed Marketer’s Concern Over Hips, Jury Told – Bloomberg